Infor LX & BPCS: Do You Need MES & Not Even Know It?
You know your plant better than anyone, and most likely you'd admit that there is room for improvement. Perhaps too many defects are causing costly issues down the road, or maybe your production is behind and orders are shipping late? Do you know what needs to be improved? Do you know about the root causes of the problems that you’re experiencing? Is it fair to say, you don’t know what you don’t know … yet?
MES helps you dig into the problem and better yet, SOLVES the problem!
What Is MES and How Does It Work?
Many companies still enter data manually or share work instructions on paper. Most of them, however, know there’s a better way to organize the mass of activity happening on the plant floor. MES provides visibility to that activity as well as the underlying data and uses that data to improve how that activity is done and makes it repeatable. MES connects multiple sites, integrates with equipment, and raises the effectiveness of business applications all to better optimize operations.
The 3 Pillars of MES:
- Establishing a plan and staying on schedule. The system takes your input — production shifts/times, production goals, etc. — and calculates the rate at which you need to complete production in order to meet customer demand. Operators see real-time progress on dashboard graphics, knowing the progress at every moment.
- Enforcing a repeatable process. Knowing your process is being followed exactly as defined provides the ultimate peace of mind. Every target, from fastening to product routing, is achieved just as you defined it time after time.
- Creating a rich data set. Capturing data is one thing; being able to act on that data is really the key to driving improvement initiatives. Use your analytics, explore your data set, and identify and solve your hidden inefficiencies.
All three of these MES pillars are used to help you reach productivity and quality goals by:
- Solving production scheduling challenges
- Discovering and sharing your best operators’ insights
- Uncovering inefficiencies in your process and fixing them
- Reducing the exhausting task of putting out fires
- Establishing a continuous improvement philosophy
- Increasing operator engagement and dedication
How do you know if you need an MES solution? Working with an experienced MES partner like Crossroads RMC can be a huge help; someone who has seen situations just like yours and who has guided companies in your position. Best of all, Crossroads RMC doesn’t just know MES, we have a team of experts who are knowledgeable about manufacturing best practices, your Infor ERP, AND MES and can bring all of that knowledge together to help you formulate the right plan for your company’s success.
Contact Anthony Etzel at Crossroads RMC today. He can provide you with a free MES ROI calculator to give you some concrete numbers to help you see what MES can do for your business. 800.762.2077