What do you get with IDF?
With Infor Development Framework (IDF), you can configure your view of the application data without modifying the core application and its supportability. Included with IDF are several interfaces including:
• PowerLink – A Windows-based client for end users
• Link Manager – A Windows-based environment administration client for importing environments, starting and stopping environment, and installing Fix Patches.
• Net-Link – A browser-based client (used by LX when running with SiW)
• System-Link – A XML-based interface for processing transactions from external sources.
The IDF ISO includes several components:
• All of the above interfaces
• Enterprise Integrator – for customizing IDF components and creating new business objects
• EGLi – Enterprise General Ledger
• CRMi – Customer Relationship Management
If you already have IDF installed for Infor LX 8.3.x, then it must be upgraded to a level that is compatible with LX 8.4. IDF PTFs and Fix Patches are required. See the Infor LX IDF 06.03.05 Installation and Upgrade Guide for details.