Business owners may measure success in different ways – some tangible, some intangible.
In order to establish how you should measure success for your business, you need to first examine how you measure your personal success. If you are a business owner, or a part of the management team of the company you work for, ask yourself these questions to see how you measure up:
Assess personal success.
1. Am I happy in my job?
2. Do I have passion for what I’m doing?
3. Do I get the desired results based on the effort I’m putting in?
4. Am I putting forth my best effort?
5. Am I patient and allow for sufficient time to see results?
6. Do I get respect from my co-workers?
7. Do I have the endurance to hang in there when things get a bit rough?
Reflect on successes and failures.
After answering these questions, do you need to make any changes? Do you still have the same ambition and drive to achieve the goal? Are you content with your work, or have you come to the conclusion that you have not done your best?
To be successful...